View Profile Phobotech

All 118 Game Reviews

21 w/ Responses

Phenomenal!

I had a blast with this game! A turn-based top-down dog-fighting strategy game was a brilliant idea on it's own, and this game delivered! Weighing in on a lofty 2.2 MB, it's a pretty breezy load even on my friend's laptop.

Before even playing the game, I have to compliment the musical arrangement. It fits the game like a glove setting the perfect World War 2 era epic mood. On top of that, it cycles out several tracks to provide the player with diversity! Not once did the music get annoying...it's actually pretty intense! Wonderfully arranged.

The premise of an alternate reality WWII is a familiar and flexible one for the gaming community. To hell with the technology that seems to take the challenge and skill out of war; this was the romantic era, with skilled pilots leading pilots against pilots. The way how the stage was set up to look like a map was a good touch, as geographic markers representing mountains provided a nice texture to the game, but didn't seem to represent anything more than a cosmetic feature.

Moreover, in the 1939 stage (I'm going to mentioning it a lot) there's no distinguished border, or indication that you're about to leave the map. Once the selection arrow for your plane extends beyond the map's border, you've lost that fighter. There needs to be some kind of heads-up or method of prevention to keep your fighters in the area of operations.

The game IS challenging...but that's what kept me coming back! Some of those missions are seemed impossible to go through without taking hits, but with experience it IS possible. The only one I can't, for the life of me, get anything above two stars is that blasted 1939; equipped with two shield birds, one U-turn and one boost, against two Darts. The bastards can outrun and maneuver you, and although it is possible to beat the stage, I can't find a way to do it unscathed. I'm close to just accepting it can't be done. The other two I'm working on are the only others I haven't achieved four stars in; the 1946 and '47 missions...I've come close to four stars each time I've tried, but some plane of mine somehow grazes some gas or something. I'll get those two soon, and everything else has four stars (I'm apparently the Marshal of the RAF.) but that DAMNED 1939 MISSION! One day....one day.......

Though I'm frustrated, it's a sporty gamer frustration; programming is solid on my end with little or no bugs! Every once and a while trying to click or drag a selection arrow for one of my guys doesn't want to budge at first, but with persistence gives in, and every once and a while I'll accidentally hit the wrong one because I have my guys fly in tight formations, but all-in-all it's nothing to really complain about. The game is good solid fun.

It would be nice to have the ability to equip your birds with specific abilities, but again, no biggie; having to use what you got is a part of the challenge. I also wish there were more levels available here on Newgrounds. But if what you say is true in expanding game modes, introducing new items, and a MULTIPLAYER (holy shit) I'm eager to try it out for myself!

Still, there's ALWAYS room for improvement why not include:
-Voice Overs
-Altitude adjustments indicated by shadows and unit lighting, or alternatively letters? (L-Low, M-Mid, H-High) and gas could gradually sink after two turns
-Ground fixtures (AA guns, Flak cannons, targets for bombing runs either to attack or defend)
-Bodies of water to mix it up from the OD green
-...which could introduce Aircraft Carriers and Battleships, frigates...a Navy?
-When highlighting a unit, have a highlighted cone or circle that indicates their firing radius? On numerous occasions through my playtime that would've been most useful

I can't stress this enough; everyone involved really constructed a solid, fun gameplay experience. I've told my friends about it and they loved it, we have a blast with this thing. When I eventually do conquer all of the missions here, I'm going to hit up the bonus missions without a doubt. Looking forward to expansions/sequels! Fived and Fav'd! Good job!

A hit!

I had a LOT of fun playing this. I like to think of myself as a pretty skilled typist, but this game is pretty challenging! I dunno how I beat Skitz after countless retries, but it's kicking my ass with a vengeance now that I'm going after the score-related medals.

It took me a while to connect that the score is multiplied by how much time is left. Hell, starting out I wasn't even aware there WAS a time-limit...yeah, it's right there in the corner, but in my previous run-through I never had to pay attention to it. Just type the words and off you go! It's fast-paced and goofy...that's why the music is absolutely perfect for the feel of the game.

It's a fun rapid typing exercise! I'm ruing the day that I ignored my teacher in using the proper finger for C, X, and Z....but I'm making it by...the highest I've scored so far was 13,985 (I was frustrated it didn't go a little higher) but the medals provide some sort of goal to give it replay value...I've gotta earn me a J. Fox...though just breaking that 14K boundary is hella challenging by itself.

I love how the character throws only the most random shit at our goofy antagonist. This game was just fun all around for me, and that's why I'm giving it a ten, and I'll vote five each time I pay a visit to earn a Marty McFly medal.

Keep up the great work! You say in your description that this game was better than it's predecessor, so clearly you're on the right track!

Very fun!

ParagonX9 always delivers pretty intense video game music, and it felt right at home with the style of the game. Though only by the time I had finished the last level and reviewed tracks that either didn't have time on them at all (for some reason) or I felt I had taken too long to complete, it did get a little annoying. The game's filesize isn't that high at all, so I would recommend having multiple tracks that cycle out to keep it fresh.

Moreover, though the background did seem to immerse us in a Tron-like, cybernetic training grid, it seemed a little boring to me...and I kind of wished there was an environment to back it up. It's not a necessary detail, mind-you, as the two grids in the background did succeed in providing the illusion of movement, but it's something you could do to go one step beyond in terms of immersion.

The bike looked cool as hell! With the color-trails turned on, doing 8x somersaults off a cliff, looks intense! The suspension system on it really gives the player a feel for how it'll react if you lean in certain directions, which help tremendously in handling the very unique terrain in the game. Though I have to complain that on many occasions I found myself terminally locked in an upright position dragging the tail behind, it's merciful that the tail extends that far so you're 90 degrees up instead of a position where you CAN'T recover by leaning forward...that part of the design is great, but sometimes it takes damage rapidly, and other times I'll drag the tail for yards and I won't take anything more than a scratch.

For this, I think if you added a grinding noise or sound effect to indicate when the bike is taking damage. Sometimes the underside will be taking damage and it won't be completely obvious. A sound effect to indicate the damage would only be helpful to the player.

Additionally, there are barely any sound effects in hear at all. The power-up pickup and a few button-related noises and the music...that's it. What about an engine noise? Subtle braking or suspension noise? Tire impacts for when you land hard or glide into the terrain softly? Or to add a dash of immersion, a sound effect indicating color change? Something electrical sounding for each color?

It's a pretty solid game and it's fun to run-through at least once; there's little replay value here. I wanted to see if there was a high score system to see where I stood among the hundreds of thousands before me who've played, but I didn't see any incentive to achieve more and achieve higher than just the player's lone justification. There's no map editors, no customization...just these handful of levels, and that seems to be it.

Though it is very challenging. I was frustrated when I would change in the transition of a different road, and my rear (or sometimes even front) tire would be stuck in the middle, forcing me to die or start over, but that's a part of the challenge. You have to multitask as you go along quick, keeping an eye on the road and an eye on the minimap, and then you find yourself having to memorize the color-switching keys so you can proceed to win. It was very tricky, and it required a lot of trial-and-error (thank you for leaving the legend of the color switch on the HUD), but I'll admit it was fun and exhilarating once I had it down.

I somehow especially enjoyed the boot-up scan reading at the beginning of each stage, but that's the only time we saw cool looking readouts like that. Why not do something similar for damages or stage-clears?

I voted 5. This was well deserving for the Daily 1st, but I would be less hesitant of any weekly awards due to the lack of replay value. Great concept! No bugs on my end. Keep up the great work!

Fun, but unacceptable.

What started off as a fun horizontal flying shooter, ended on a catastrophic lock-down.

Between the three starting exo-suits, I chose the balanced one, and although allowing users the option between them initially, I don't see why it's necessary to disclude the option to switch out with other models in between sorties.

The middle-type was swift, and brutal. The only weapons I dealt with eventually were the spread-shot and the Assaulter, as it replaced the initial three-shot burst. I was disinterested in a flame-thrower because the concept escapes me for this premise;

Think about it. You're flying. Your opponents are all flying, with long range armaments...surely there are more effective short-ranged weaponry to the imagination than a simple flamethrower.

I couldn't proceed any further, however, because by level four or five, the screen was so flooded with enemies and laser ordinance that it jutted the game to a near grinding halt. At first, armed with the Assaulter, I was maneuvering around them pretty firmly, then I started to take on more hits as the sky was filling with clouds of dust and red energy...I applied my sheild, and that staved off the attacks at first, until the entire, non-exaggerated SCREEN WAS FILLED TO THE BRIM with enemies and their disdainful lasers.

The lag held it at probably five frames per second if that... I attempted to adjust the quality to no avail; why is there no quality control for something like this, which you being the designer of the game, had to have seen would be an issue with most computers? I turned off the music, and I even flipped off my shield...a whole ten seconds later, and my health began to chop down to zero, and then immediately filled again; I could not die.

I attempted to chop upwards and hold down the trigger, in a feeble effort to at least TRY to clear the screen of this flood, but that too failed...and my patience had worn thin. Here I am, stuck in limbo, constantly looping in health while I laid waste to a swarm of enemies that killed me by slowing down time.

I don't have the best computer, but I certainly have far from the worst. It can handle intensely demanding flash games and PC games alike with ease, and yet this game seems to conquer it by means of over-exhertion.

It could have been a very enjoyable experience had it not been for the flooding that grounded the frame-rate to a halt. From the looks of at least a few of these reviews below me, that may be a deciding factor in your score.

It had potential, but refine it...and possibly avoid using words like "coz" instead of "because"

133!

Often times I found myself looming around the 55-60 mark because when I miss one, I'd overcompensate, and start missing others. I found that I had greater manueverability with the stylus to my tablet as opposed to a mouse, and it was STILL challenging.

Really simple, clean game with a clear goal. I like how it saves your high score, for the highest you ever reached in that play-through, so when you lagged back to 20, and you just give up to say "fuckit" you can still submit the highest you've ever gone. I'm amazed some Swedish kid got to the 2,000s when the highest I could possibly go was 120-133.

You zone out in this game, because if you were to concentrate too hard, you'll start missing. I found myself dazed, as my hand and the stylus just kept with the fall pattern, which oddly enough, seemed to go with the music very well.

I also appreciate that when you miss a box, you get that little "choom" sound effect. It's helpful, because the player can just keep their eyes on the screen and acknowledge that they missed one, and try to fix whatever they did wrong that caused that miss.

The only thing I would fix is if you had reached a high score, missed a couple and are trying to catch up, if your score succeeds in passing your high score, I think it would be cool if the high score number changed color and faded each time it was added. Nothing distracting, but a subtle change in color so the player can acknowledge they're reaching new heights in their peripheral vision, and still concentrate on the game.

Moreover, I would try to collaborate with the guy that made this track into doing a soundtrack. What I mean by that is this...

...Backing up just a little bit before I get to my main point, I love that the box launcher is merciful enough to base it's rate of speed on the player's current score. That was a great call. Now, what I mean is, say you're at score "0-50" You could get Nighthawk22 to do a track that's at the pace of the box launcher...ominous, same-style as "Hyperdestructive" but slower. Then "50-100" seamlessly fades into a track that's a little faster. "100-150" is a track that's REALLY intense, and "150+" is epic as hell. All of which seamlessly lock into one another, so when you plummit through missing box after box, it isn't an awkward transition from "EPIC OMG YOU'RE AT 200!" to "Start over, bitch. Bahahahaa"

Not only will this psychologically get the player more engaged at the game, but they would rarely have to even take their eyes off the stage, because they can listen to where they're at, and they can see in their peripheral vision if they've breached their high score yet.

Moreover, it couldn't hurt to have a subtle, non-distracting background other than flat black. You could also collaborate with an artist to change up the sphere, pyramid, and boxes...but it's totally up to you.

It's a great game, and I was addicted to it through my play. Keep up the good work!

Ran out of room in the review space...again.

For starters, on a game that has looping sound on the preloader, it's always a good idea to have a button that toggles mute (ESPECIALLY if it's a huge filesize, where the player will be subjected to it for a prolonged amount of time.) The music loop wasn't particularly annoying to me, but it's always a conscientious option, as there are some who would disagree.

One way around it, though, since you have our control options there, with our protagonist chasing an antagonist, is you could use the preloader space to provide us with an interactive warm-up of a minigame. But a mute button would be easier to program to accommodate the whiners. :P

The control scheme with the mouse takes a little getting used to. But once you learn to concentrate on the red line-of-sight, it gets a little easier. It's a recurring theme throughout the game where it's pivotal to your survival to know exactly where on the street your player is, and that's tricky to get a hang of since the camera is terminally side-scroller on a plane that contains depth. It would be merciful for us if the angle was viewed higher, looking down at the player...or if you REALLY wanted to be expiremental with flash, take from Einhander, an underrated Playstation 3D side scroller, and consistently switch up the perspectives, while never taking away from the fact that it's a side scroller.

The point of view makes it difficult to navigate with the mouse when the landmines came in. Instinctively, I wanted to switch play-styles without losing progress I've gained, so I seeked out the pause button for the menu. The "P" for pause was there, but it simply froze the game. It would be a great feature to have a menu where you could swap out play-styles without disrupting the whole game...like say you've tried keyboard and decided you wanted to give mouse a try.

It wasn't until the barrier section that I finally figured out that the health was indicated with the score, and similar to Da Pink Knight, also parallelled with what power ups you were granted. It's a good system that rewards the player with incentive to keep as shiny and untouched as possible, but it's not clearly established. Like even just an arrow that laid it straight for us at the very beginning WHILE we're getting used to the controls would've sufficed. "See this? This is your score. The more you got, the beefier you get. Don't let it drop to zero. Off you go." dusts off it's hands and let's you play the game.

*sigh*...I'm going to run out of review space...this review window's open WHILE I'm playing.

The music is actually pretty awesome. It gets you pumped, and it's remeniscent of arcade games, especially with the inclusion of dynamic sound effects that almost seem to be a part of the remix of the song you're listening to. Like the "Honk...Honnnk" going with the beat, and the whiplashes and shit. It only adds to the awesome. However, since it's ABSOLUTELY important to pay attention to where the red line-of-sight is, it keeps your eyes off of your character and the score-board more often than not. When you take damage, the little "Kzzzkkt" is barely audible when you take a hit. There were also missed opportunities for the jet-boost noise, and the gun SFX on the double-barrelled powerup don't match with the rate of fire...in other words; there are some SFX that are just right, but there are others that need to catch up to par with the appropriate ones.

Visually, I was taken off guard by the visuals. You had submitted 3D material as early as 2003, and it shows you've been pumping some polygonal iron. I was immediately reminded of Einhander, stated earlier, with the immersive bridge/tunnel thing the character had to pass through early on. While I already mentioned my beef with the fixed POV, the wall/barrier sequence was a little disorientating at first with the collision detection of the character. Sometimes it felt like a coin toss, and other times I accept responsiblity for being too slow to get to the weak-point. But everything looks great! I especially like the epic power-up vignettes.

Great Expirement! 5

MindChamber responds:

Thanks for the awesome review. This 3D rendered stuff is definitely something I've been holding near and dear to me for many years. its definitely a novel ideas thats became anitquited over the years. Back in 03 it seems so revolutionary, I had plans to do heroes of cybertron2, STagger, even wheelman. but as you can see they all fell by the waistside because I just couldnt find that balance between detail and filesize. In fact I never did, which is why all those projects were backburned. That is why i felt the need even finish one thing like this. The good news is Flash CAN do 3D and someday I will be able to use real 3D and not just prerended, and have a decent filesize to boot!. but yeah thanks for noticing..

I do agree with you there isnt enough info on how to play the game, I was much more thorough with Baron and to a degree pink knight. I just felt no matter how much material I put out, no one really reads it, and its imperative that the game is as intuitive as possible. And as you can see it isnt always easy. but I will keep trying harder to make the readability of the game from beginning to end.

I agree about the mute button AND the minigame. orginally the pixel art in the beginning was supposed to be an interactive tutorial, but this game had been delayed so many times, and schedules are so hectic that we just wanted it out by the time we saw the finish line.
not trying to make excuses, just saying you are right about that and we knew about it. :)

also yeah an isometic view of the game wouldve ruled!

thanks for the review

Interesting!

At first, I wasn't impressed by it in the slightest...another Lunar Lander rip, but with the fuel gauge taken out.

"Infinite Fuel?" I thought. "Well then there's no challenge! The angle is even fixed so you can't land sideways...this'll be a piece of cake!"

Then shit got really interesting. Rotating the planet instead of maneuvering the ship around the land and flipped landscapes. "Okay...it's a little more challenging, I'll admit...but still do-able!"

Then the lights went off. Then the ship began to malfunction...shit got creative!

I voted highly to praise the switch up in the gameplay that isn't typically associated with Lunar Lander. I can't vote highly, however, for the lack of sound, background music, and basic, BASIC visuals.

It needs a facelift and a soundtrack, but overall it's still fun to play. I stopped playing because I actually gotta jet at the moment, but I didn't get to even cover the later levels...if you were to do a sequel, however, come up with even crazier original gameplay elements, and expand on it so it has intense replay value.

amoebadan responds:

we are currently working on a sequel at the moment and looking at iphone app possibilities.

p.s. cows may be involved in the sequel

A Masterpiece!

This game is structured incredibly well for a flash platformer. It's got all the gears and glam of many successful side-scrollers with the added benefit of not being too scared to throw around "Zipperheads," "Chings" and of course... "Chongs."

We have a loveable, clumsy protagonist, who's clumsiness is directly proportionate to the player controlling it. So as the player becomes more skilled, the hero seems less pathetic. It's a brilliant, yet simple theme that I think many game-developers are missing out on, because it immerses the player in a way like they're growing with the character.

Gamers that start off on Easy aren't let go as such...instead of handing the entire game to them on a fluffy platter, you only have access to half of the stages. Once more, in order to achieve the all platinum medal on Easy is anything but; I've been trying to get ALL GOLD on the easy stages, and I've killed too much time doing so......so I started writing the review. :/

Once on Medium, the added challenge of collecting those...Tuna boxes makes ALL the difference in the world. Most of the time in areas where one slip up will buff so much time in completing the stage, you're almost guaranteed a Bronze unless you hit "Restart."

Which I have to add, hitting "R' for restarting the mission and "M" to access the menu at any time was a good call.

Hard is exactly what it is....no, not tangible, and NO, not arousing...but it is a BEAST to beat. Those medals are hard to reach, but well earned, because it's challenging as hell. I have yet to beat the first level on Hard, but that only ups the replay value of this game tremendously.

Speaking of replay value, try finding all the other Previous contestants, who are usually stowed well away from the rest of the obstacle course. There are even unlockable costumes you can don to remind you of how far you've come, and for the motivational gamer, how long you have yet to go.

I don't know how to explain the control....it's great. If you fuck up, you'll quickly realize it as your player shouts in protest tumbling down a flight of stairs or otherwise. So many things can go wrong that it truly IS a game of sheer skill. You time your jumps, and if you run at the wrong time, you WILL trip over your own feet like a putz...it makes you think, and there's a lot of trial-and-error to play into this, but I like it!

The only additions into the controls that I could suggest implementing is there were several occasions when I'm on higher ground, and it would've benefited me to look down without leaving where I was. Instinctively, I kneeled hoping some Sonic action would take place, where I hold "down" and the screen pans down for a little bit. One could argue that I should memorize the map, and continue going about that "trial-and-error" method, but it's a tiny chip in a great statue that I don't think is worth too much effort smoothing over.

But all in all, this is a medal rewarding game of epic proportions. It looks fantastic, sounds amazing, and feels great to play. The challenge in it will keep me replaying this thing over and over again until I finally got 100%...from what I've seen, this'll keep NG users entertained for a long...LONG assed-time.

Everyone involved did a tremendously awesome job. I was surprised to learn Tomamoto was the announcer, I wonder why he didn't receive collaboration credit?

I will vote 5 each time I try to rake in a new medal from this. You guys keep bumping up the standards for challenging and entertaining flash games on this site, so I'm going to do my part and enjoy them.

This game...

...is so cruel. I have never in my life played such an inhuman, cruel game.......

*long pause to sob*

...I started with the 10,000 clicks...by my 7,000th click, I was suspecting the repercussions of going through with this. Would I break the mouse on my Wacom? Would I suffer from painful carpal tunnel syndrome? No matter. I was overlapping the other two AI clickers by 1,000 clicks...I had to see it through.

I occupied my time by imagining what the world would be like in the year that I was clicking, as if going back in time. Would my Great, great, great, great grandchildren be alive in the year 2582? Probably not. But ONWARD I PRESSED!

I clicked all the way down until I had one click. I got up, took a piss, popped a Gaviscon for my heart-burn from lunch, and sat back down to click once, still far in the lead. As stupid as the challenge is, I was proud of myself. I had conquered it! I clicked once more to claim my prize.......only to do a 1,000 more clicks.

I was shocked. At first I thought I had to do 10,000 more clicks all over again, and that's when I would've said "FUCK THIS" and stormed off...but, I answered a call from a friend, and occupied my time talking to them while I finished off the remaining clicks. Once finished, carefully hitting tab to see WHAT I could click, and claimed the medal properly.

Then I realized you CAN choose your challenges by scrolling through them. I was an excellent typist in high school, so I figured I would try "The Pianist" next.

....When the German came, (I laughed out loud, and proclaimed "NO FUCKING WAY! Goddammit!") I quickly fell behind, and just clicked submit to see how many typo's I had......."FAIL?" It just tells me "FAIL?"

Wait....I had to have slipped up at least once in what I did submit. Is it suggesting that at the end of that unnecessarily long, multi-languaged Encyclopedia script that if I mess up one Goddamn time, I'm done for?

....Holy.......SHIT.

I tried others...holding down the K? I would have to call several people and strike up long conversations with them for that one.....or at least duct tape some sort of device to it, and turn my screen saver off while I went about doing something productive.

I laughed out loud when I tried the Prisoner of War one...the intense, SUPER FUCKING long clock....I surmise I would have to put that level on, and go about my day.....

"...But wait...." I thought. "....if the 10,000 clicks had some sort of trick at the end of it to frustrate you and prolong the act of achieving the medal....why wouldn't the others? There has to be a catch!"

The paranoia that swept over me as to what lies beyond the point of alleged "victory." Perhaps on the K, it would ask me to simply release the K and if I moved anything else, that was an entire hour wasted. Or what of the Prisoner of War? Anything could happen!

But what troubled me the most...was that 208......who in their right mind would sit through 3 DAYS of this? Holy fuck. I can't even begin to comprehend.

I have nothing but the highest gaming respect to anyone who has the patience to acquire these medals....and to that extreme, I pity their complete and utter absence of a social life.

Like.....holy shit....this really IS the cruelest game. It makes a user who's out for 100% completion try so hard, and put up with such bullshit, that by the end of it, once they have all the medals, they're forced to acknowledge how incredibly pointless it all was.

There's no money, there's no bragging rights. There is physically, literally, NO incentive to keep going other than to have a little 46x46 icon and measly, useless points to boast the internet chest, pound on it like a gorilla, and proclaim that "HE IS GOD.....of absolutely nothing."

I am now a broken man....BECAUSE of this game. It's existence, and it's difficulty have shattered my view on the medals system; some medals just aren't worth it.......

.....Or are they? I'm pretty sure I could beat that 208 one if I had it minimized while I animate or something. LAWL

Ha! Very fun!

One can never judge a book by it's cover...at first glance, it would seem to be a pretty short-lived run for a guy in pink pajamas sprinting down an open street picking off zombies behind him. But looks can most certainly be deceiving...

...This game kicked a flash-load of ass!

Our nameless, pink pajama clad hero is a totally hardcore, unrelenting Olympian track-star of a Mass Murder Machine. The constant state of motion puts forth a decent edge of tension that's backed by the much faster enemies. The name of the game is "Prioritize your targets."

I hovered between the middle and 3/4th's in through most of my gameplay, keeping an eye out for obstacles and explosives. (Those explosive barrels and ammo cache's were REALLY blessings in disguises, saving my ass on numerous occasions.)

Early in the game, it gets really rough when the crawl runners were introduced. The crowbar was pretty much useless to me, and tolerating the campaign with a pistol wore out it's welcome quickly. The sub-machine gun was a VAST improvement, but became quickly outdated with stronger zombies. The shotgun, naturally, had accuracy issues, and I found myself holding onto the Auto Rifle throughout the game until the Assault Rifle was unlocked. The flamethrower was a waste of time, in my opinion, and the Sniper Rifle was an incredibly effective secondary weapon, almost acting like a rail-gun. The bazooka was a tad underpowered, and the Chainsaw was an ideal secondary weapon for when you're primary has run out of ammo, and you need to get some distance for the reload with a quick swap. The laser was damned orgasmic. :D

I found myself often completely overlooking the pickups altogether, and focusing on the horde and everything else....if they actually DID affect the gameplay somehow, their effects weren't apparent to me.

The limited firing angle upped the challenge in a way, and made it absolutely necessary to maneuver...sometimes it got intense with the way I would have to weave in-between hordes on both sides, selectively firing immediate dangers to avoid taking damage, just for the sake of not getting overwhelmed. Though it doesn't make sense why he can't shoot downstage or upstage, it's not a necessary feature for THIS particular game. More on that in a bit.

The end-stage screen music was pretty cool; I liked it! But the utter lack of any other music was really a missed opportunity on your part. With different stages, I've always come to expect different stage music to accompany the new environment...anything from Metal, to Epic Chase music, Horror music, or even Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" would've sufficed...but instead, we're treated to ambient zombie groans throughout the level's run.

Incredibly, for as often as it would have to be done, the machine-gun fire and bullet's ripping through flesh sound DIDN'T get annoying. The sound effects for the weapons and explosions were well balanced...but I DO have to complain about the single zombie noise...it lacks diversity....and the Game Over line "Just a Dream" could use some polishing with better quality recording. Still, it wasn't bad enough to deduct on my vote.

The medals were a brilliant add-on to add replay-value for the hardened flash gamer, but by the time I hit the refresh page to see what I've collected, I found it's actually rather easy to achieve most of them...except for 100% Headshots.....that's gotta be worth more than 25 points. lol

All-in-all, I had a blast with this run-in-gun...there were memorable moments of intensity that genuinely required skill to get through, and that's what makes it stand out for me. I gave it a 5!

SUGGESTIONS:
-Music diversity between different stages.
-Flamethrowers should gain distinction from the rest of the weapons by physically setting the zombies on fire and slowing them down to compensate for short range/low damage.
-More special zombies! (Like uncommon jumpers that are hard to shoot, or fat one's that come from stage-right, or even bosses, etc...)
-Diversity in zombie sounds (HIT ME UP, I would gladly do zombie overs for the collab credit!)

Jimp responds:

Brilliant review mate, thanks so much! Really means a lot when people take the time to write an in depth review, Im glad you liked the game!

The 100% headshots is actually pretty easy if you do it on the first level, just kill 1 zombie then dodge the rest :)

I'm a Pre-Production artist for Cyanide & Happiness! I'm also a professional voice actor, a published author, and I design t-shirts & artwork for heavy metal bands in the DFW area. Check out my links, check out my stuff, and stick around for a while! -GG

Geoff Galneda @Phobotech